METRO June 2008
Shaping up for summer
If PE lessons didn’t leave you completely traumatised, try Laura Williams’s own playground class.
- Jog for three minutes to warm up.
- Do ten park bench step-ups on each leg, twice
- Try at least five jumping jacks - start with your feet together and hands to the side. Jump into the air and push your feet out to just over shoulder width apart while your hands meet above the head.
- Do ten shuttle runs.
- Try figure runs - picture the numbers one, three, eight and nine, and imagine that they're 30metres in length in front of you. Then try to run the shape of the figures. Do three sets.
- Try scissor legs - lie on your back with your legs straight upwards. Slowly lower your right leg towards the floor until you feel your back start to arch. Then, lift the leg back up. Keep your stomach pulled in so your back stays flat on the floor. Do 5 on each side.
- Do 15 tree push-ups - stand three feet from a tree with your feet hip-width apart. Lean in against the tree but don't lock your elbows.
To book a session or to find out how Laura can help you get into shape, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call her on 07712 001525.